Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Mom Brain....

Mom brain... We all get it and the truth is the more kids you have the worse it gets.  There has been so many times I get side tracked or space out what I'm doing and it takes me a minute to remember or I completely forget all together. There has even been a time when I have driven past the street that leads to my daughters school three time on my way to pick her up!

So, since we are talking about Mom brain I wanted to tell you a funny that happened the other day. I was doing some yard work and my kids were all outside playing so I could keep track of them. My oldest had some friends over and they were playing with play dough.  One of her friends decided to throw his play dough down into our window well.  My daughter climbed down and found a package that had been hiding in-between our bush and house. She handed it to me and I was stumped.  It had my name on it but couldn't think of what it could be.

I opened up the box and low and behold.  These babies were in there.



I looked at the receipt to see when they were purchase... 4/22/2016. Yep, that's right. April of LAST YEAR!!! Talk about funniest Mom brain moment ever!!! I have never forgotten about something for that long.  I guess that's what three kids will do to you.  Haha

I was really glad they weren't damage, and they were the right size. You never know when it comes to ordering things online.

The shoes pictured were purchased at Forever 21 for $24.00


If you're still on the hunt for that awesome pair of shoes. You can check out Old Navy.  I was able to get two pairs of shoes for me and one pair for each of my kids for only $20 bucks!!! Yep that's right $20 dollars for 4 pairs of shoes.




I think Old Navy will be doing their super cash again before school starts (end of August) so stock up so you can get some great deals. Another great way to get discounts is by taking those surveys that are at the end of your receipts. I usually just toss the receipt not paying any attention. But if  you look closely you can usually get 10% or more for doing the survey. I was able to add that to my super cash and I got free 3-7 day shipping. When it's normally $7.00 extra.

Happy Shopping!!!

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment