Monday, July 10, 2017

How To Alter Cups On A Swimsuit

I recently purchased a swimsuit from Walmart for $13 dollars. Yep that's right $13 buck for a super cute suit is unheard of.

I got my suit and loved it but once I tried it on I notice the cups were a little big for my small chest.... I didn't want to return it because it was so cute and cheap.  I had this idea pop into my head of how to alter it. I did some research online and nothing come up on a how to alter the cups on your swimsuit. That is if the cup size was too big. So here is my solution to fixing my suit.



First I found old strapless bra that I had laying around.  I decided to place it inside my swimming suit to see if it would match up and fit. (of course it would since it was smaller, haha)



I then cut of the side straps so I wouldn't have an extra strap to clip when getting in my swimsuit. I got a needle and thread and carefully stitched the bra to the inside of my suit. I double checked each of my stitches to make sure I wasn't poking through on my suit.



And presto it was done in 10 minutes.  So now I have a suit that fits me in the chest!!! Plus I can always take out the bra or readjust it if I need to.




If you have a old suit that you love lying around and need to do the same I hope this post helps!!!


Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment